Saturday, February 16, 2013

Words I Learned Today (WILT)

Click the image above for larger viewing

Vituperative

"...And Franco knows what that feels like, more than Sherman or McCarthy or Gordon. I ask him if his vituperative art works taking aim at the blogosphere are a form of revenge. There is, after all, some pretty nutty stuff out there..." Source: Peter Aspden interviews James Franco for Financial Times

Portent

"Rod Stewart’s “I Don’t Want to Talk About It” starts to play in the background – an ominous portent – but Franco is in a relaxed, giving mood. Did he find it difficult to compartmentalise his complicated life and multilayered work?" Source: Peter Aspden interviews James Franco for Financial Times

Zonked

"I am a little zonked, I say, having just arrived on an early flight from London. “I’ve just flown in from LA,” he out-zonks me instantly. “But I’m used to it.” We both order cappuccinos." Source: Peter Aspden interviews James Franco for Financial Times

Erudite

"But Franco, 34, is not just an actor. He is also an artist, a writer and a scholar. Indeed, depending on your point of view, he is either the most erudite and cleverly subversive commentator on the relationship between fame and art since Andy Warhol or a pretentious, self-referential fraud." Source: Peter Aspden interviews James Franco for Financial Times

Henpecked

"I strongly doubt that Lacson will welcome LGBTs coming to his defense (he has strongly denied being gay and in fact let it be known that he is a henpecked husband) which would account perhaps for the LGBT's silence." Source: Marie Yuvienco reports over the alleged sexuality issues of Senator Ping Lacson for Interaksyon.com

No comments: